This gorgeous girl is the first child of Madhu Chopra and Ashok Chopra. Born on 18 July 1982, she is a part of Hindu family. Bareilly (UP) is her hometown. As both her mom and dad were in the job so they often got transferred to other cities. Thus, the actress spent her childhood in several cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Ambala, Ladakh, Lucknow, Pune, and Bareilly. Her close people call her by names like PC, Piggy Chops, Mimi and Sunshine.
Winner of Miss World contest (2000), Priyanka Chopra Jonas is one of the leading personality of Indian cinema. She is an actress, singer, film producer, and a philanthropist. It’s a result of her hard work and patience that she has earned worldwide popularity. The young and beautiful Priyanka is also among India’s highest paid actresses.
Because of her parent’s job, they were relocated to various places. But she didn’t find it difficult to travel and change school. In fact, she enjoyed getting new experiences and to know about different cultures of India. La Martiniere Girls’ School (Lucknow) and St. Maria Goretti College (Bareilly) are among the schools that she was a part of.
When she was 13 years old, she moved to the US. There, she lived with her aunt and enrolled in schools like Newton (Massachusetts) and John F. Kennedy High School, Cedar Rapids, (Lowa). That time she loves to participate in various theatre productions. Also, she learned Western classical music, choral singing and Kathak dance there.
After residing there for 3 years, she came back to India and finished her studies from Army School (Bareilly). For her graduation degree, she chose Jai Hind College (Mumbai).
Earlier, she wished to become an aeronautical engineer. After winning the title of “Miss World” in 2000, she started receiving offers for movies. Anil Sharma’s “The Hero: Love Story of a Spy” in 2003 was debut movie of Chopra. She worked with Sunny Deol and Preity Zinta. In the same year, she appeared in Raj Kanwar’s movie “Andaaz” with superstar Akshay Kumar. The movie earned positive feedback from the audience.
Next year i.e 2004, her 3 movies named “Plan”, “Kismat“, and “Asambhav” were released. But sadly the movies didn’t perform well. After this, she was cast in David Dhawan’s romantic comedy “Mujhse Shaadi Karogi“. This movie was a big hit and earned great revenue. Salman Khan and Akshay Kumar were her co-actors in the movie. Next, she appeared in Abbas-Mustan’s thriller drama “Aitraaz” with Akshay Kumar and Kareena Kapoor. She received appreciation from critics for her role in the movie.
In 2005, the actress performed in movies like ‘Waqt: The Race Against Time’ and ‘Bluffmaster’. Released in 2006, “Krrish“, “Don” was commercially worldwide successful movies of Priyanka. ‘Big Brother’ (2007), ‘Love Story 2050’ (2008), and ‘Drona’ (2008) ‘Fashion’ (2008), ‘Dostana’ (2008) are some another movies. Depicting the story of the Indian Fashion Industry, ‘Fashion’ was one of the most successful movies of Priyanka.
Also, she acted in ‘Barfi!’ with Ranbir Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz (2012), ‘Krrish 3’ (2013), ‘Mary Kom’ (2014): a biopic on 5-time female world boxing champion and Olympic bronze medalist, Mary Kom. She started her career in Tamil movies with “Thamizhan” in 2002. For the movie, she also sung the song titled “Ullatha Killathe“.
* National Film Award for category ‘Best Actress’ – Fashion (2008)
* Best Female Debut for movie ‘Andaaz’ (2003)
* Best Performance in a Negative Role for movie ‘Aitraaz’ (2004)
* Best Actress for movie ‘Fashion’ (2008)
* Critics Award for Best Actress for movie ‘7 Khoon Maaf’ (2011)
* Her first single ‘In My City’ got Best International Debut award at People’s Choice Awards India (2012)
* Padam Shri (Fourth highest civilian award of India) in 2016
Priyanka’s family is simple and middle class. Her parents served as physicians in the Indian army. His father was Punjabi Hindu who belongs from Ambala city (Punjab) whereas her mother belongs from Jharkhand. She has one bro named Siddharth Chopra. He is an entrepreneur and is 7 years younger than her sister Actresses Parineeti Chopra, Meera Chopra, and MannaraChopra are her cousin sisters.
A former member of Bihar Legislative Assembly, late Smt. Madhu Jyotsna Akhouri was her maternal grandmother and Dr. Manohar Kishan Akhouri, a former Congress veteran is her maternal grandfather. PC is very attached to her family, especially her dad. Unfortunately, he passed away in June 2013 because of cancer. Even she had a tattoo as “Daddy’s Lil girl” in 2012.
Priyanka and Akshay Kumar decided not to work together after the movie “Waqt: The Race Against Time” (2005). It was because there were rumors of their affair. Rumors affair of PC and Shahrukh Khan somewhere disturbed the actor’s personal life. As his wife, Gauri Khan felt frustrated on incidents like Priyanka’s regular visit to their home, special treatment given to her by Shahrukh.
Later, she asked her husband to stop working with her. Also, there is one controversy related to the episode of American TV show “Quantico“. It’s a matter of June 2018 when she played the role of an anti-terrorist officer in serial.
The hot and stunning Priyanka is very cautious about her looks. She follows a strict diet plan and regular exercise. Everyone admires her beauty and appealing personality. She has a height of 5’7′. Being a fitness lover, she carries only 55 kg of weight. Well, this style icon has dark brown eyes and black hairs.
Coming to her love life then she was committed to model Aseem Merchant several years ago. Also, her name was linked with actors like Harman Baveja, Shah Rukh Khan, Akshay Kumar, Shahid Kapoor. Early in the year 2018, the news was heard of her relations with Nick Jonas. He is an actor and musician by profession. They were spotted together in several locations.
Things became more clear when the American boy joined the actress during his trip to India. Giving a name to their relation, the couple got engaged on 18 August 2018 in Mumbai (Maharastra). Later, on 2nd December 2018, they tied the knot at Umaid Bhawan Palace (Jodhpur). Both Hindu and Christian rituals were performed.
What’re Her Favourite Things?
-Red is her favorite color.
– Prabal Gurung is her favorite designer and loves to wear his dresses.
– Fish Curry, Chicken Biryani, French Fries, Burger, Sarso Ka Saag are the dishes she loves to eat.
– She admires Sushmita Sen, Rekha, Shahrukh Khan, Tom Hardy, Dharamender, Kishore Kumar, Mel Gibson.
– DDLZ (1995), Mujhse Shaadi Krogi (2004), Pretty Women (1990), A Walk In The Clouds (1995) are her favorite movies.
– She loves exploring places like Brazil, Paris, and Mexico.
– She has a habit of reading books. Her favorite books include ‘Romeo and Juliet’ by William Shakespeare, ‘Letters from a Father to his Daughter’ by Jawaharlal Nehru and ‘Tell Me Your Dreams’ by Sidney Sheldon.
Some Unknown Facts About Mrs. Jonas:
- The actress supports an NPO named PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals).
- She was runner-up at Femina Miss India (2000).
- She was in judges’ panel of “Miss India” contest (2007) and “Miss World” contest (2009).
- She also hosted the 3rd season of reality show “Fear Factor: Khatro K Khiladi” in 2010.
- UNICEF appointed Priyanka as their Brand Ambassador in December 2016.
- During her studies in the US, she faced racial discrimination for being Indian by her African-American classmates.
- She wrote her first opinion column in the top-rated newspaper “Hindustan Times” headed as “The Priyanka Chopra Column” (2009). UK magazine ‘Eastern Eye’ listed the actress as no.1 in “Asia’s Sexiest Women” (2006).
- She was on number 2 of ‘Top Bollywood Actresses’ in the year 2006.
- To offer support to deprived children in health and education sectors, she has founded “The Priyanka Chopra Foundation for Health and Education”.
- She has her own production house in Mumbai named “Purple Pebble Pictures”.
- For her concern and contribution towards social causes, she got “Mother Teresa Memorial Award for Social Justice” in 2017.
- This high-profile celebrity represents brands like TAG Heuer, Pepsi, Nokia, Garnier, and Nestlé.
- The actress was the first female representative of the company ‘Hero Honda’.
- Her second single titled ‘Exotic’ was launched in 2013. US rapper Pitbull was cast in the music video. In 2014, her third single, a cover of Bonnie Raitt’s ‘I Can’t Make You Love Me’ was launched.
- She became Indian’s first actress to cast a foot impression at “Salvatore Ferragamo Museum” (Florence, Italy) in 2009.
- Her upcoming project involves Shonali Bose’s “The Sky Is Pink”, “Cowboy Ninja Viking”, “Tulia“
- She launched the “Save the Girl Child” campaign that emphasizes to change attitudes of Indians towards girls.
- Chopra is first Indian actress who was called for the recording of National Opus Honor Choir songs in US.
- She pledged to donate her own organs after death in order to promote organ donation.
- Chopra has also given performances in a number of world tours and concerts.
- The actress was among those 9 nominees (Navratna) selected by PM Modi for the purpose of “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan“.
- The actress performed in the opening ceremony of IPL’s 5th season with Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor, and Katy Perry. The event was organized at M. A. Chidambaram Stadium (Chennai).
- Last year (2018), her biography titled “Priyanka Chopra: The Incredible Story of a Global Bollywood Star” was launched. It was written by journalist Aseem Chhabra.
- Priyanka is also the first Indian actress to feature in a school textbook. The life of the actress is described in a chapter of Roving Families, Shifting Homes (a book taught at Indian school ‘Springdale’).
- When she was about to complete her school studies i.e in last year of schooling, she won ‘May Queen’ beauty contest.
- She also remains active on social media and has a huge number of followers on Insta.
- In the year 2013, she did 2 item songs, ‘Babli Badmaash Hai’ and ‘Ram Chahe Leela’.
- She got her nickname Piggy Chops during the movie “BluffMaster” by her co-stars.
- Time’ magazine of US named the actress as one of the “100 Most Influential People in World” (in 2017 and 2018) whereas ‘Forbes’ listed her among the “World’s 100 Most Powerful Women”.
- She has BMW 7 Series, Mercedes Benz E Class, Porsche Cayenne cars.
- She takes Rs. 9-10 crore per movie.
- The young lady also appeared on the cover of the premiere issue of ‘Maxim’ magazine, Indian version (2006).
- The illustrators of “The Simpsons” made caricatures of the actress and her husband Nick as their wedding gift (in Dec. 2018).
- A toy company of England created a fashion doll based on her name and image in 2006. It was part of “Bollywood Legend” series that also included stars like Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan, and Kajol.
- She is the first Indian actress to get a leading role in prime-time American TV-show, Quantico (2015). Her character name was Alex Parrish.
- Along with other artists, she also gave her voice in the popular video game ‘Marvel Avengers Academy’ (2016).
- She loves doing her own stunts wherever it is safe and possible.
This proud Indian lady has made every effort to reach this stage of popularity. She is a notable, self-confident and eminent person of the glamour world.