Name – NAYANTHARA
Real Name – Diana Mariam Kurian
Date of birth – 18 November 1984 ( Bangaluru, Karnataka)
Profession – Actress
Religion – Hinduism
Education & Career
As her father was in the Air force, she studied in several parts of India (especially North India). Jamnagar, Gujrat, and Delhi are the places from where she did her schooling. She was also a student at Balikamadom Girls Higher Secondary School, Thiruvalla (Kerela). After this, she joined Marthoma College (Thiruvalla) and got her BA degree (English Literature). When she was in college, she preferred to do modeling as her part-time work. That time, Sathyan Anthikkad asked her for movie ‘Manassinakkare’.
Luckily, Nayanthara’s first movie was the big hit on box office and collected record-breaking amount. Although, she had acted in lots of south movies (40+ Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam) but won the love of audience after doing ‘Ghajini’ and ‘Chandramukhi‘. With the outstanding performance, she had succeeded to establish herself as promising and sought-after actresses. The girl has also received the number of awards since 2003. Billa, Yaradi Nee Mohini, Pokiri and Aadhavan are some other movies.
Her father and Mother name is Kurian Kodiyattu and Omana Kurian. She hails from city Bengaluru, Karnataka. Her father was an Indian Air Force officer. Her elder brother name isLenu Kurian. He lives in Dubai (UAE).
Few people know that this lady superstar was born as Syrian Christen. But on 7th of August 2011, she accepted Hinduism at Arya Samaj temple in Chennai. For this, she has undergone a holy process “Shuddhi Karma” and chanted hymns of Veda and Gayatri Mantra as asked by the priest. After then, she was provided a certificate for the conversion.
This 33 Years old girl has Weight 55 Kg and Height 5 ft 5 inch. Body Measurements are like this: 34-26-34 inches. Having fair complexion, she has black color hairs and black color eyes. To keep her body fit and to remain slim, Nayan does Yoga daily. Take sleep of minimum 8 hours, she also had a personal trainer.
Rumors are that she is dating Director Vignesh Shiva for last few years. Earlier, her name was linked with Silambarasan and Prabhu Deva.
More facts to know:
- She made her debut from Malayalam film ‘Manassinakkare’ (2003), with ‘Ayya’ in Tamil cinema (2005) and with ‘Lakshmi’ in Telugu (2006).
- For Malayalam movie Elektra (2010), the first time she dubbed her lines.
- In the year 2010, Prabhu Deva’s wife files a case against him because of his live-in relationship with Nayanthara. Some of the women organizations also protest against this actress for bringing disrepute to Tamil culture. In 2012, she declared that their relationship has ended.
- She loves to eat North Indian food.
- Reading, listening to music and long driving are her hobbies.
- Lady Superstar, Nayan, and Mani are her nicknames.
- Having a huge fan following, she is highest paid South actress.