This successful lady of the 21st century was born to Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand. Well, 4 June 1975 is her birth date and the place of birth in Los Angeles, California (US).
Angelina Jolie Voight belongs to the family of actors. Both her folks were involved with the film industry. From her mom’s side, she is French Canadian, Dutch, German and Iroquois whereas she is of German and Slovak descent from her dad’s side.
AJ is second child of Voight and Marcheline as the couple already had a son named James Haven. He was just 2 when his younger sis Angelina was born. Her bro is also an actor by profession. Just after one year, the girl was born, her parents decided to get separated.
The single mother then thought to finish her career and gave all her time to lovely kids. She along with her live-in partner, Bill Day (filmmaker) moved the family to Palisades (New York). However, they moved back to Los Angeles when the actress was 11. She is the niece of singer and songwriter ‘Chip Taylor’ and geologist and volcanologist ‘Barry Voight’. Jacqueline Bisset (actress0 and Maximilian Schell (actor) are her godparents.
In early 2007, her mom passed away as she was suffering from ovarian cancer. Not only this, but her grandmom also died suffering from the same disease i.e cancer.
She was a part of Beverly Hills High School, Moreno High School (California). Later, she joined the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute (California). For almost two years, she got training here and performed in various stage functions.
The year 1993, we can say, as the beginning year of her professional film career. She got her first lead role in straight-to-video science-fiction sequel ‘Cyborg 2’. However, Angie was disappointed with the movie and she didn’t even audition again for 1 year.
AJ’s work was admired in 1998 television film “Gia“. It depicted the short as well as the tragic story of model ‘Gia Marie Carangi’. Also, she got “Golden Globe Award” for category Best Actress. In the year 1999, viewers liked her dramatic role in “Girl, Interrupted”. In the next few years, she portrayed a variety of roles on screen. Some of them is the role of an adventurer in “Tomb Raider” (2001 and 2003), FBI profiler in “Taking Lives” (2004), an assassin in “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” in 2005 and a neglected wife “The Good Shepherd” in 2006. Also, her role as Squadron Commander in “Sky Captain” and “The World of Tomorrow” (2004), a revengeful, monstrous mom in “Beowulf” (2007), the pregnant widow of reporter Danny Pearl in “A Mighty Heart” in 2007 was also admired by the TV watchers.
If we talk about her married life, then it’s a bit complicated. The American star has been married 3 times. In the year 1995, she got married to ‘Hackers’ co-star Jonny Lee Miller. Sadly, the married life remained for 4 years only and the couple divorced in 1999.
Next year i.e in 2000, she became the wife of Academy Award-winning actor Billy Bob Thornton. Here, again the relationship lasted for 3 years (separated in 2003).
In the year 2004, she met actor Brad Pitt at the time of the movie “Mr. and Mrs. Smith”. Pitt was already married to Friends star ‘Jennifer Aniston’ that time. Still, he had close relations with Angie. This lead to the end of his married life. Named as Brangelina, Jolie, and Pitt, soon their friendship became the topic for everyone’s discussion.
In the year 2002, AJ decided to adopt a child. It was a boy from Cambodia and gave him the name ‘Maddox’. After 3 years (2005), again she adopted a girl named ‘Zahara’. In the same year, Pitt adopted Jollie’s children and go through all the paperwork. Next, in 2006, the couple’s first child was born in Namibia. It was a girl, named as ‘Shiloh’.
Once again, in March 2007 a new member joined the family. It was adopted a 3-year-old boy from the orphanage of Vietnam. He was named as ‘Pax Thien’. On 12th of July 2008, the lady superstar gave birth to twins. Knox Leon and Vivienne Marcheline were born in a hospital in southern France.
Pitt and Jolie announced their relationship and got engaged in 2012. The wedding ceremony was kept secret, as only family members and close friends were invited. It was 23rd August 2014 when they tied the knot in France. Again this time, Angie’s marriage was broken and the couple got separated in 2016. The actress also had affairs with Jenny Shimizu, Colin Farrell, Val Kilmer.
- She loves reading.
- Ayn Rand is her favorite author.
- Bulldog is the pet that she likes.
- Cheerios and McDonald’s are Angie’s favorite food brands.
- King Of The Hill, Animal Planet, Game Show Network are her favorite TV shows.
- She loves hearing Madonna, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley.
Unknown Facts About Angelina:
- She takes alcohol and does smoking.
- She was aspired to become Funeral director during her school days.
- Both her parents were related to the acting field. She first acted in “Lookin’ To Get Out” (1982) along with her dad.
- She had a crush on a fictional character “Dr, Spock” who was seen in the TV program “Star Trek“.
- She loves having a tattoo on her body and has dozen of it.
- She enjoys collecting different kinds of knives and reading first edition books.
- She got 1 Oscar, 2 Screen Actor Guilds Award, 3 Golden Globe Awards.
- Wherever possible, she performs stunts on her own.
- She has also appeared in music videos with eminent singers like Meat Loaf, Rolling Stones, Lenny Kravitz.
- During the year 2009 and 2011, she was among top-paid actress for English movies.
- She prefers Blistex brand lip balm for her shiny lips.
- Angie and Brad Pitt were in a relationship for long 9 years before they got married in 2014.
- Jollie’s and her husband sold the right of the first pic of their twin babies to “People and Hello!” magazine. It was the costliest deal ever that was finalized for $ 14 million.
- She is also a licensed pilot. She owns single-engine Cirrus SR22 aircraft.
- She was former goodwill brand ambassador of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UUNHCR).
- On February 16, 2013, Jolie undergoes a preventive double mastectomy. She was 37 at that time and decided for it after knowing that she had an 87% risk of developing breast cancer.
- Angie, AJ, and Ange are the nicknames of this leading star.