American actress, singer, and producer Selena Marie Gomez is an inspiration for the youth of the country. In a very small age of 26, she has earned worldwide popularity.
Grand Prairie, Texas is the place where Sel was born. Mandy Teefey and Ricardo Gomez are parents of this star of today’s world. Her birth date is 22nd July 1992.
She was a part of Danny Jones Middle School (Texas). In May 2010, the actress got a certificate of graduation from the school.
The smart girl made her public appearance at the age of 16. However, she appeared on screen as a child artist in “Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over (2003). She was cast for a lead role in “Another Cinderella Story” (2008). With this, she became the known Disney actress. Next year i.e 2009, the premiere was launched for “Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie.”
In 2012, she gave her voice for cartoon “Hotel Transylvania”, featured in movie “Spring Breakers”. Also, she was seen in the movie “Getaway” (2013) as a lead actress. Her performance was admired and she was nominated for “Golden Raspberry”.
“Unstoppable” in 2014, “Behaving Badly” in 2014, “Unity” in 2015, “Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising” are other movies of Selena. In June 2016, she was seen playing in the series “The Fundamentals of Caring”. It was released an app named “Netflix”. Same year i.e in 2016, she acted in James Franco’s dramatic movie “In Dubious Battle”. The movie was inspired by John Steinbeck’s novel, in fact, with a similar name.
Signing a contract with ‘Hollywood Records’ in the year 2008 marks the beginning of her music career. Gomez voiced the cartoon “Tinker Bell” and number of feature films. ‘Kiss & Tell’ was debut album of this leading performer that was released in 2009. Her second album “A Year Without Rain” was launched in 2010 followed by the third album in 2011. Other music tracks that she presented are “Love You Like a Love Song”, “Come & Get It”, “I Want You To Know”, “Good For You”, “Same Old Love” “We Do not Talk Anymore” etc.
Awards & Accolades:
- American Latino Media Arts Award (ALMA Award), ‘Gracie Awards’, and ‘Imagen Awards’ for series ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’ in the year 2009
- ‘Nickelodeon’s Kids Choice Awards’for ‘Wizards of Waverley Place’. She won it 7 times.
- German ‘Bravo Otto’ award (from 2010-12)
- Declared as ‘Woman of the Year’ by ‘Glamour Awards'(2010-12)
- Chris Greicius Celebrity Award by ‘Make-A-Wish Foundation’ (for her philanthropic work) in 2013
- Young Visionary Award at ‘Unite4: Humanity’ ceremony (2013)
- MTV Video Music Awards for her single, ‘Come & Get It’.
- Broadcast Music, Incorporated (BMI) Awards as a songwriter for the tracks, ‘Come & Get It’ and ‘Slow Down’ (2014-15)
- ‘Teen Choice Awards’ for ‘Princess Protection Program’, ‘Another Cinderella Story’, and ‘Wizards of Waverly Place’.
- Capricho Awards for ‘Best Breakup’ in the year 2013.
Talking about Selena’s family, her mommy is part of Italian ancestry whereas her dad belongs to Mexican descent. Her mom was an actress and following her, she also decided to make a career in this field. When she was 5 years old, her parents ended their married life and took divorce. After then, she was raised by her single mom. Gracie Elliot and Teefey Victoria “Tori” Gomez are her two younger half-sisters. ‘Gracie’ from her mom and her second husband and ‘Victoria’ from his dad and his second wife.
The couple got married at an early age. Her mom’s age was 16 years when Selena was born. Also, they were not financially strong at that time. She respects and cares for her mom because she did everything for her daughter, made sacrifices and supported her in every phase of life. Like other kids, she too had a lovable and close relationship with her grandparents.
The singer had relations with Nick Jonas (now husband of Indian actress ‘Priyanka Chopra’) in 2008. She was seen in his band music video for “Burnin Up”. Next, in Dec 2010 news were heard of her relations with Justin Bieber. Getting separated for some time in November 2012, they were reunited. But in Jan 2013, they ended their relationship. However, again they were together for a few months in each of the year 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Coming to the year 2018, they finally decided to get separated. The young artist also had secret relations with Canadian singer Abel Tesfaye (known under the pseudonym ‘The Weekend’) since Jan 2017. She revealed the fact later on while launching her new track “Bad Liar”. Her name was also linked with actor Taylor Lautner.
This good looking girl has dark brown eyes and black hairs. She has 5’5′ height and 34-26-34 are her body measurements. During the year 2012 and early 2014, it was found that she was suffering from Lupus. Through Insta, she shared with her fans that Kidney Transplant is the reason behind her withdrawn from social events.
- She is fond of eating Pizza, Strawberries with whipped cream, Lemon chicken, Vodka penne and Fried cheese.
- Johnny Depp, Shia LaBeouf, Nick Jonas, Taylor Lautner are among his favorite actors.
- Rachel McAdams is her favorite actress.
- “The Wizard of Oz” is the movie that she likes the most.
- She loves wearing slip dresses.
- She loves hearing Cheryl, Kelly Clarkson, Bruno Mars, Britney Spears, Rihanna, Skrillex, Paramore (band).
- Her Favorite Song is “Slow Hands” by Niall Horan.
- She loves to do Yoga & Pilates, Skateboarding, Surfing, Dancing and Playing Basketball.
- “On Becoming Fearless” by Ariana Huffington, “The Purpose Driven Life” by Rick Warren are the books that she likes.
- Science was her favorite subject in school.
Unknown Facts About Selena:
- Expressing her sympathy to victims of the terrorist attack in Orlando, she recorded the song “Hands” in July 2016. Jennifer Lopez, Britney Spears and other singers of label “Interscope Records” accompanied her.
- Sel, Selly, Selenita, Conchita, Mamachita, See are her nicknames.
- She has a good bonding with her step-father Brian Teefey.
- Her car collection involves BMW X5, Ford Escape.
- She takes alcohol and also does smoking.
- She was named after American noted singer and actress ‘Selena Quintanilla-Pérez’.
- ‘Disney’ discovered Gomez in a nationwide talent search (2004).
- She has her own production house named ‘July Moon Productions’ (2008).
- In 2009, she received the honor to become a youngest goodwill ambassador of UNICEF.
- The actress introduced her clothing line named ‘Dream Out Loud’ in 2010. It makes use of eco-friendly materials.
- ‘Britney Spears concert’ was the first ever concert that she attended. Later, she interviewed Britney Spears at MTV Video Music Award (2011).
- Inspired by Kelly Clarkson, she prefers taking pure ‘olive oil’ before moving to stage. She does so because it helps to take care of her vocal cords.
- She is a big tattoo lover and has 8 tattoos on her body.
- Selena loves dogs and takes care of 6 rescued dogs named Willie, Wallace, Fina, Chip, Chazz, and Baylor.
- She admires Gwyneth Paltrow and considers her as her fashion icon.
- In the year 2011, when she was dating Justin, the media gave a name to the couple as ‘Jelena’.
- In the year 2012, the singer introduced a self-titled fragrance, ‘Selena Gomez by Selena Gomez’. Again in 2013, her second fragrance, ‘Vivamore by Selena Gomez’ was released.
- The girl also created her own collection of nail paint colors for Nicole by OPI.
- She was a spokesperson and partner for Neo by Adidas during 2013-2015.
- In the year 2015, Selly signed $3 million endorsement deal with Pantene.
- She was involved in UR Votes Count campaign that aimed to motivate youngsters to learn about 2008 presidential candidates ‘Barack Obama’ and ‘John McCain’.
- She became ambassador to Ryan Seacrest Foundation in April 2012.
- She is not only restricted to the fields of acting and singing. The viewers know Selena as designer, songwriter, composer, and model.
Images Of Selena Gomez