6 July 1985 was the day when Ranveer was born. Name of his father is Jagjit Singh Bhavnani and mother’s name is Anju Bhavnani. Earlier, his family lived in Karachi, Sindh (Pakistan). Later, they moved to Mumbai during the partition of the country. And this Mumbai city is his birthplace.
Ranveer did his schooling from Learner’s Academy (Mumbai). During his school days, he was fond of participating in debates and dramas. Later, he enrolled in H.R. College of Commerce and Economics (Mumbai) and began thinking that it’s not at all easy to get chance in the movie. As per Ranveer, candidates mostly from filmy background has easy scope for acting. Thus, he shifted his interest in creative writing. Next, for his Bachelor degree in Arts, he went to the US where he joined Indiana University, Bloomington.
- Ali Abbas Zafar’s “Gunday” with Arjun Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Irrfan Khan (2014)
- Zoya Akhtar’s “Dil Dhadakne Do” with Anil Kapoor, Shefali Shah and Priyanka Chopra (2015)
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Bajirao Mastani” with Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra (2015)
- Aditya Chopra’s ” Befikre” with Vaani Kapoor (2016)
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Padmaavat” with Deepika Padukone and Shahid Kapoor (2018)
- Rohit Shetty’s action comedy “Simmba” with Sara Ali Khan and Sonu Sood (2018)
- Zoya Akhtar’s “Gully Boy” with Alia Bhatt (2019)
- Filmfare Awards for the category of “Best Male Debut” – Band Baaja Baaraat (2011)
- Filmfare Awards for the category of “Best Actor” – Bajirao Mastani (2016)
- Dadasaheb Phalke Excellence Award for Padmavaat (2018)
- Stat Screen Award For Most Promising New Comer (Male)
- Got additional “Best Actor” nomination at the ceremony for Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013).
- A complaint was filed against him in the year 2015 for using abuse words in public during the comedy show “AIB Knockout”.
- He was involved in controversy when after seeing the movie “Ek Tha Tiger”, he tweeted on his twitter account that “It felt absolute bore, last 15 minutes was magical, nice stunt and action”. With this, he was criticized by industry people.
- It’s a case of 2015 when he was shooting for the film “Dil Dhadakne Do” with Priyanka Chopra. He kissed the actress in front of people and that was not tolerated by the actress.
No doubt, Ranveer has a dashing and charismatic personality. He is tall having a height of 5’10’ and weights around 75 kg. The body measurements are like this: Biceps: 16 inches, Waist: 30 inches, Chest: 42 inches. He looks good with his black color hairs and dark brown eyes.
What’re Ranveer Favourite Things?
- Playing football, video games, reading books, collecting shoes are things that give him pleasure.
- He loves to eat Besan Laddoo, Mutton Curry, and Chinese cuisine.
- 3 Idiots, Sholay, Rang De Basanti are among his favorite movies.
- He loves to watch Johnny Depp, Shah Rukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Scarlett Johansson, and Megan Fox on screen.
- Goa is his favorite holiday destination.
- His favorite director is Snajay Leela Bhansali.
- Red and White are his favorite colors.
- Thalassa (Goa), Le Cirque (Delhi), Wasabi at Taj Palace (Mumbai) are his favorite eating places.
Some Unknown Facts About Him:
- Ranveer has singing talent also. He is a good rapper.
- He is among the country’s highest-paid actors.
- Addidas, Kellog Oats, Head, and Shoulder, Thums Up, Jack and Jones, Ching’s are some of the brands that he endorses.
- Since the year 2012, he is named among “Forbes India’s Celebrity 100” list.
- He owns Jaguar XJL, Mercedes-Benz E-class, Toyota Land Cruiser Prado, Aston Martin Rapide S cars.
- The actor takes Rs. 10 crore/movie.
- He played a cameo role in the movie “Finding Fanny”.
- He takes alcohol.
- He left his surname “Bhavnani” after entering the Indian cinema. As he thought it’s too long and won’t look like superstar name.
- He has a collection of more than 200 pairs of shoes and more than 100 hats.
- He loves watching and playing football and supports Arsenal Football Club in EPL (English Premier League).
- Also, he has appeared on several magazines like Maxim India, GQ India, Esquire.
- It was a tough time for Ranveer when he faced several injuries for his movies. A back injury during “Lootera“, falling from a horse during “Bajirao Mastani” and a head injury during “Padmavat“.
- He keeps on washing his hands with soap or sanitizer.
- There is a tattoo on his upper right arm as “Kill Dil“.
- He is likely to play the role of cricketer ‘Kapil Dev’ in a movie based on World cup of 1983 and role of Mughal-era prince ‘Dara Shikoh’ in the historical movie “Takht“.
- After the release of his first movie, it was heard that his dad paid Rs. 10 lakh to the makers. Later, Ranveer said that it’s not true, these all are rumors.
- If not entered the industry, he would be a DJ or a writer.
- Earlier, he was offered the role in movie “Bombay Velvet” but because of his prior engagements, the role was given to Ranbir Kapoor.
- It’s great that he is the first actor whose 4th movie crossed Rs. 100 crore mark.
- Before marrying Deepika they were engaged for around 4 years.
- To get prepared for a role in the movie “Bajirao Mastani“, he locked himself in a room and cut his connection from the outside world. For this, he stopped using phone, TV, and Internet.
Here Are The Images Of Ranveer Singh