Starting her career as a screen actress, she became a member of the royal British family after marrying Prince Harry. This American actress and model also hold her lifestyle blog with the name “The Tig”.
The 37 years old lady belongs to the heart of California, Los Angeles (US). Born as Meghan Rachel Markle, she is the daughter of Thomas W. Markle and Doria Ragland. Her birthday falls on the 4th of August 1981.
At the beginning of her career, she worked as a freelance calligrapher. She did so to support herself between acting jobs. For the very first time, she appeared on screen playing a small role of the nurse in daily soap “General Hospital”. She has also performed in TV shows like Century City (2004), The War at Home (2006), and CSI: NY (2006).
The hardworking and dedicated girl always gave her best. She made continuous efforts to improve her performance. Also, she undertook several contracts of modeling including a stint as a “briefcase girl” in US game show ‘Deal or No Deal’.
She played the role of Rachel Zane on American legal drama series ‘Suits’. Performing for continuous 7 seasons (2011-2017), they completed over 100 episodes. While working in the series, she moved to Toronto (Canada) where the show was filmed. She loves this place and feels connected to it. It was just like second home to Markle. Alongside her star image, she also got an appreciation for her lifestyle website “The Tig”. Through this, she addressed issues like gender inequality along with articles related to beauty, fashion, travel, and food.
Meghan’s mommy is a former social worker and yoga instructor who resides in View Park–Windsor Hills (California). On the other side, her dad Thomas is a retired television director of photography and lighting. He lives in Rosarito (Mexico) and because of his work her daughter Meghan often came to set of “Married…with Children”.
Coming to her personal life, she had relation with film producer Trevor Engelson (2004). Living together for 7 years, Markle married her love of life and became Mrs. Engelson on September 10, 2011. Sadly, their married life was not so good. It remained only for two years and they got separated in August 2017.
Unknown Facts About Meghan:
- After marriage, she took retirement from her acting career and closed all her social media accounts. As now she is part of the British royal family, she started undertaking public engagements.
- After the engagement, she made her first official public appearance with Harry at World AIDS Day walkabout. It was held at Nottingham on December 1, 2017.
- Meghan attended Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey on March 12. She was there with Queen and other members of the family.
- Dublin (Ireland) was her first trip abroad at the request of the British govt in July 2018.
- The Duchess actively takes part in her husband’s work as Commonwealth youth ambassador. It involves overseas tours and trips.
- She launched 2 fashion collection with Canadian clothing company ‘Reitmans’ in the year 2015 and 2016
- She was named in the list of ‘100 Most Influential People in World’ by Times magazine in 2018.
- Vogue magazine named Meghan as one of the most influential women in the UK.
- She considers Emmanuelle Alt as her style icon.
- She loves wearing streamlined dresses with neutral colors and boat-neck necklines.
- Tatler named the Duchess in its list of ‘Britain’s Best Dressed People’ in the year 2018.
- For her fashion sense, she was also nominated for “Teen Choice Awards for the category Choice Style Icon” (2018).
- She became a global ambassador for World Vision Canada in the year 2016. For this, she went to Rwanda for ‘Clean Water Campaign’.
- Markle loves cooking, reading and playing game “Skrabl”.
- She also served as a counselor for international charity ‘One Young World’.
- She also makes efforts to protect animals.
Here are the images of Mrs. Markle