Alia was born in Mumbai (Maharashtra). On 15 March 1993, director Mahesh Bhatt and his actress wife Soni Rajdan were blessed with this cute and chubby girl. Family members and relatives used to call her with nickname ‘Aloo’ and ‘Shanaya’. She is a star of the film industry. In just a few years, she has earned great success and made established herself in cinema. This highest paid Indian actress has also won several accolades for her drastic performances.
Education & Career:
Alia was a part of Jamnabai Narsee School (Mumbai).
- “Kapoor & Sons” with Sidharth Malhotra and Fawad Khan (2016)
- “Udta Punjab” with Shahid Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, and Diljit Dosanjh (2016)
- “Dear Zindagi” with Shahrukh Khan (2016)
- “Badrinath Ki Dulhania” with Varun Dhawan (2017)
- “Raazi” (2018)
- This year (2019) she appeared in Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy. Released on 14-Feb, Ranbir Singh was her co-actor in the movie.
- Best Female Debut” by Times Of India Film Awards – Student of the Year (2013)
- Filmfare Critics Award for category “Best Actress” – Highway (2015)
- Filmfare Award for category “Best Actress” – Udta Punjab (2017)
- She was involved in controversy after participating in Extravaganza held at UP’s Safari village. There were Muzaffarnagar riots in UP at that time. Later, the girl apologized for her mistake.
- Alia’s was trolled when she appeared in Karan Johar’s show “Coffee with Karan“. She was labelled as “Beauty with Brain” due to lack of her General Knowledge.
- Her name was involved in the infamous AIB Roast scandal as a result of which FIR was lodged against the actress.
Songs Sung By Alia:
- “Sooha Saaha” in “Highway” (2014)
- Unplugged version of song “Samjhawan” from the movie “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania” (2014)
- “Ik Kuddi” (Club Mix) from movie “Udta Punjab” (2016)
- “Love You Zindagi” (Club Mix) and “Ae Zindagi Gale Laga Le-2″ from the movie “Dear Zindagi” (2016)
- Humsafar (Alia’s version) from the movie “Badrinath Ki Dulhania” (2017)
What She Like Most?
- Reading books, novels, playing with pets, travelling, playing handball, singing is her hobbies.
- Red is her favourite colour.
- She loves to eat Moong dal halwa, french fries, rasgulla, ragi chips.
- DDLJ (Dil wale Dhulinia Le Jayenge) is her all tie favourtie movie.
- AR Rehaman is her favourite musician.
- She is fond of dancing. Dance forms that she like are ‘Kathak’ and ‘Ballet’.
- Himachal Pradesh and London are her favourite destinations.
- She admires Kangana Ranaut, Kareena Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Shahrukh Khan and Govinda.
Some Unknown Facts About Her:
- She takes alcohol.
- She is an atheist by religion.
- She is a big animal lover and takes interest in activities of PETA (People For Ethical Treatment of Animals). This NPO aims to raise awareness among masses about homeless animals.
- Bhatt has fear of darkness and suffers from Achluophobia.
- She sleeps after writing a diary every night.
- In the year 2014, she developed her own clothing brand for women. The products are thus sold on Jabong.com (an online shopping portal).
- She joined Shaimak Davar’s dancing school in a very small age i.e 4 years.
- She has shown her talent on several concerts and stage shows. Even she gave a performance in Filmfare, Screen and Stardust award ceremonies.
- She prefers cold over hot food and beverages.
- She is a good painter too and has made lots of charcoal painting.
- She also launched her own line of handbags for VIP Industries in the year 2018.
- She loves to sleep and can sleep for more than 12 hours.
- The actress collaborated with Facebook Live for a campaign titled “Find Your Green”. It was regarding environment protection.
- She owns Audi A6, Audi Q5, BMW 7-Series, Audi Q7 cars.
- She has a tattoo on the backside of her neck. “Pataka” is written in the Hindi language.
- While travelling by air, she becomes scared.
- She got her first role for the movie “Student of the Year” after beating 400 girls.
- Her future projects involve Abhishek Varman’s “Kalank“, Karan Johar’s ” Takht” and sequel of movie Sadak (1991).
- In August 2016, along with Varun Dhawan, Siddharth Malhotra, Roy Kapur, Katrina Kaif, Parineeti Chopra, and singer Badshah, Bhatt also performed in various cities of US for “Dream Team 2016” tour.
- She is the founder of an ecological initiative named “CoExist“.
- The actress has got a very flexible body and can easily touch her toe to head.
- In spite of using women’s perfume, she likes to use men’s perfume.
- In regard to her fame and earnings, she was named in the list of Celebrity 100 in Forbes India (2014). Also, her name appeared in a list of 30 Under 30 in Forbes Asia.
- In addition to acting, she is blessed with skills of singing also.
- She has a habit of smelling her fingers.
- She shares a good bonding with designer Masaba Gupta.
- She is a model too and has done various modelling assignments.
- AR Rehman invited her to join his music school in order to improve her singing.
- It is Alia’s wish to purchase a house in London.
- Her food is incomplete without curd, she is addicted to it.
- She didn’t want her dad to direct or produce her first film.
- It’s her wish to portray the character of Late Pakistani Pop singer Najia Hassan.
- She has also shot for Indian photographer Dabboo Ratnani’s Celebrity Calendar.
- She endorses products like Garnier, Maybelline, Coca-Cola.
- She also acted in AIB’s short comedy video titled as “Genius of the Year”.
- “Dil Hai k Manta Nahi” (1991) and “Hum Hai Rahi Pyaar K” (1993) are her favourite films among all produced by her dad.